Intrinsically Safe Ethernet Protection Module A.EPEX
The A.EPEX module provides intrinsically safe voltage limitation on the 10/100 Mbit Ethernet lines. It can be used in barriers for LAN from safe area to Zones 2, 1, 22 and 21 to protect in case of faults of the uncertified LAN equipment in the safe area. The unit limits the maximum input voltage of -340 to +340 V to the range of -1.3 to 56 V, while allows 100 Mbit/s transfer speed on 100 m CAT7 cable. The module is produced in a 62.1 × 40.5 × 8.6 mm package with dual 2 × 4 pin, 2 mm pitch receptacles.
- Limits the possible voltages on the Ethernet lines in case of communication equipment malfunction (e.g. failures in the source equipment in safe area).
- Used in barriers for LAN from safe area to Zones 2, 1, 22 and 21.
- Over-voltages are limited to the range of -1.3V to +56V*
- Maximum INPUT voltage range (in case of failure in source equipment): -340 V to +340 V
- Up to 100 Mbit/s transfer speed on 100m CAT7 cable
- Integrated fuses
- 14.5Ω series resistance.
- Zero self-capacitance.
- IEC and ATEX certified component: Zone 1 and Zone 2, Zone 21 and Zone 22
- Connectors: 2×4 pin, 2 mm pitch receptacles
- Package dimensions (W × L × H): 62.1mm × 40.5mm × 8.6mm
- Mounted height: 10.65 mm **
- RoHS Compliant, Pb free
* Depends on the selected part number
** Assumes 2 mm thickness of mating header insulation
IECEx Certification (IEC 60079-0, 60079-11)
- IECEx BKI 20.00003U
- Ex ib IIC Gb
- Ex ib IIIC Db
ATEX Certification (ATEX Directive 2014/34/EU)
- Ex II 2G Ex ib IIC Gb
- Ex II 2D Ex ib IIIC Db